A. Web Sites
B. Other Sources
- Report on Alabama's Uninsured and Major Coverage Options, Alabama Appleseed Center for Law & Justice, Inc.
- Barbara Hutchinson, Director, Alabama Child Caring Foundation
- Dr. Dell Crosby, Director, Mercy Medical Clinic, Auburn
- Dr. Rene McEldowney, Program Director and Associate Professor of Health Administration Program, Auburn University
- Dr. Wally Retan, Retired Physician
- Representatives, Alabama Medicaid Agency
The following books were not used in this report and are not specific to Alabama but are recommended reading by the League of Women Voters of the United States’ Health Care Study Group. You may find these in your public library.
- Health Care Meltdown: Confronting the Myths and Fixing Our Failing System by Dr. Robert H. Lebow
- The Truth About the Drug Companies by Marcia Angell
- The Brave New World of Health Care by Richard D. Lamm, former Colorado governor
Facts & Issues: Health Care in Alabama